Promotion in Estonia
Means of support
Summary of support schemes
Premium tariff. The operators of renewable energy systems may sell the electricity produced on the free market and receive a bonus on top of the market price.
Investment supports are granted to develop the technology and infrastructure necessary for the production of energy from renewable sources.
Premium tariff is in general applicable to all renewable electricity generation technologies.
Investment supports are granted:
- to (re)construct the CHP plants and infrastructure related to it,
- to develop the technology necessary for processing and producing energy from biomass,
- to develop energy production from wind.
- (ELTS (Elektrituruseadus RT I 2003, 25, 153 – Electricity Market Act)
- Investment Eligibility Conditions for the wider use of Renewable Energies (Meetme ”Taastuvenergiaallikate laialdasem kasutamine energia tootmiseks” tingimused RTL 2009, 31, 400 – Terms and Procedure for the Use of Investment Support for the Broader Use of Renewable Energy Sources for Power Production
- Investment Support for the Production of Bioenergy (Bioenergia tootmise investeeringutoetuse saamise nõuded, toetuse taotlemise ja taotluse menetlemise täpsem kord RT I 2010, 50, 311 - Terms and Procedure for the Use of Investment Support for the Production of Bioenergy)
- Investment Support for Wind Energy Producers (Rohelise investeerimisskeemi “Tuult energiaallikana kasutava elektritootja investeeringute toetus” tingimused ja kord RT I 2010, 78, 596 – Terms and Procedure for the Use of Investment Support for Wind Energy Producers