Promotion in Austria
Summary of support schemes
- Tax regulation mechanism. In Austria, petrol and diesel from a minimum content of 4.6 % resp. 6.6 % of biogenic material are subject to a lower mineral oil tax. Mineral oil solely from biogenic material and E85 are exempt from this tax.
- Biofuels quota. To ensure that biofuels make up a defined percentage of the annual fuel sales, there is a substitution obligation in force since 2005. From 2009, the substitution target amounts to 5.75 %, measured by the total fossil petrol or diesel introduced or used in the federal territory.
The tax regulation mechanism and the biofuels quota apply to biofuels only
- Fuel Order (Kraftstoffverordnung 1999 – Fuel Order 1999)
- Mineral Oil Tax Act (Mineralölsteuergesetz 1995 - Mineral Oil Tax Act 1995)
- Bioethanol Blending Order (Bioethanolgemischverordnung 2007 – Bioethanol Blending Order 2007)